Protein is a vital element in our regular food pattern. Receiving a sufficient amount of it is essential.
The recommended daily intake is 50 grams per day. The intake also depends on the individual’s age, health, physical state, etc. We obtain protein in different food forms every day. Protein provides energy and supports the mood and functions in our body. These are considered as building blocks for growth and energy.
- It helps in boosting energy.
- Maintains proper functioning of the immune system.
- Repairs the tissues and cells.
- Supports health and mood.
- Maintains heart and reduces the risk of heart-related troubles.
- Improves respiratory system.
- Nourishes the body and makes its functions easy.
- Provides growth and development in children.
- Lowers stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Maintains a healthy weight.
- Helps in building healthy muscles.
Protein is generally obtained from both animal-based and plant-based food products.
Proteins are a 3D arrangement of atoms in an amino acid chain molecule. Protein is a polymer formed from sequences of amino acids. 20 different amino acids can be integrated to make a protein.
Protein constitutes about 16% of our body weight, muscle, hair, skin, and tissues which are mainly made of proteins. It also develops cells and it’s fluids. Enzymes, hormones, neurotransmitters, DNA, are made up of protein.
SOURCES OF PROTEIN ARE:
- Dairy products
- Soya, soya milk
- Using protein powders, whey protein. (Usage and dose should be checked according to the age ).
Having protein is very essential which takes a major role in your healthy life.