A trending edition of coca-cola: coca-cola zero. It is considered and marketed as a healthier version of Coca-Cola.
It has the same taste, mouthfeel, and smell as Coca-Cola but has zero calories and sugar which is deemed as a weight controller type of Coca-Cola. This neither facilitates weight growth nor benefits health.
This edition of Coca-Cola contains carbonated water, caramel colour, phosphoric acid, aspartame, potassium benzoate, natural flavors, caffeine.
Artificial sweeteners are used in this beverage which might cause health issues and other diseases.
There is an undecidable discussion still running on the effect of artificial sweeteners. In some cases, there has been an increase in weight and in others reduction in weight.
It is also in the debate regarding the increase in the diabetic level and in another case reduction in the diabetic level, generally, type 2 diabetes.
The health problems related to it are
- Increase in heart-related diseases.
- Increase in risk of osteoporosis – demineralization of bones.
- Kidney problems- high amount of phosphorus causes kidney damage.
- Imbalances antioxidants level.
- Damages cells and their membranes.
- Carcinogenic in nature.
- Softens enamel of teeth.
- Results in oxidative stress- an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in your body.